First Attempt!

Not 100% happy, but not bad for a first attempt.

I have made a double sided cushion cover using the large loom.  The fluffy side is made using 100g of Snazzy colour Royal SY041 supplied by Texere (www.texere.co.uk) and the back is 100g  Lister Bamboo Navy 774 out of my stash so not sure where this came from and intersected with  paradise chenille in Salmon also by Texere

Now, where did I go wrong: I have a habit when sewing and knitting of working too loose and I think this is what I have done here.  Next time I will pull my knots tighter, then they will lie more evenly.  I also changed what I was making half way through, and back again, I was going the cross knot, then I decided I would try a daisy but realised that I hadn’t left enough rows, so went back to leaving it as just crosses.  This has ended up with it being a bit of a mess on the back and with lots of joins – but I think this proves that it doesn’t matter too much because that is all hidden at the back.  I think also I should have used a thicker knotting yarn – maybe the same as I did the wrapping in.  I have put this round a black cushion so the effect is ok – but not perfect..

But it is very easy to pickup, I had a couple of attempts at first on the small loom to just understand what was what but after a few wraps and knots I feel I have mastered it!  A bit of tweaking, but I think I know where I have gone wrong, so eager to make something else

cushions -1st attempt 001                        cushions -1st attempt 004

Next project is going to be a ‘string’ shopping bag.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s